Perform Fitness Tests at the start of your Training Plan and then every 8-12 weeks in an active recovery week to ensure you are training at effective intensities.
- The results will act as a benchmark of your current fitness, enabling you to measure progress.
- The values you establish will help you train at the right intensities.
- Enter accurate bike power and run pace thresholds into your Training Peaks Settings. Workout builder will then calculate your power and pace for each workout that you can export to your training device.
Determine your "thresholds" for each discipline. The following tests are scheduled within your plan.
- Threshold bike power (FTP) and heart rate values are determined with the (CP20) Test. It predicts your best average power output and threshold heart rate for a one-hour steady state time trial.
- Threshold running pace and heart rate values are determined with the Threshold Running Pace Test. It predicts your current best pace and threshold heart rate for a 60-minute race.
It is important here to use our Online Calculators. Input your thresholds from the tests and click 'calculate' to find your 5 specific training zones.
Update Your Settings in Training Peaks:
This is a crucial step to ensure you are training at the correct intensity. Watch these Short Videos for how to add your Training Thresholds and Zones to your Training Peaks settings.
- Remember to click Save and Close anytime you update your settings.
- Choose to be notified of threshold changes and then you can correctly make the updates to your threshold and zones (using our online calculators) as you progress.
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © May 2018. All rights reserved.