My HR goes to into a Z3 ++ when I am running in pace Z2, what do I do?
When you head out for your easy Z2 run your Heart Rate and Pace can be affected by many factors. For example ascents and descents, weather, terrain, if you are running with a buddy, tiredness, stress and fatigue to name but a few. However, the key to your Z2 runs is that they should feel easy. If your training zones are correctly set up then Heart Rate is a better indicator to ensure that you run at an intensity that fits the purpose of the run. Allowing you to slow down to a jog and sometimes a walk when the going gets tough.
How do I adjust the start or end date in my TrainingPeaks calendar?
- In the Calendar view on your PC you will see a Training Plan Library tab on the left with a logo that looks like a book or file
- Click on this and you will see a list of any training plans you have bought
- Click your plan and a pop-out will appear, at the bottom, you will see the dates it is applied
- You will need to remove your training plan that you applied
- You can then re-apply choosing to end the plan on the nearest Sunday to your race date or on any Monday.
- Check this video for how to realign your plan.
I would like to buy a 3rd plan can I get a unique discount code?
Yes, just email us and let us know which plan type, level and duration you would like and we will create a code for you.
Why do the workout details do not match the workout description?
Sometimes it can look like your Training Peaks workout has two different sets of instructions for the same session: 1) Description and 2) Workout Details.
1)The Description section of the workout consists of hand-typed instructions by Phil Mosley. You should always follow this first.
2)The Workout Details section gives you automatically generated instructions, based on percentages of your Functional Threshold Power (FTP) or Threshold Run Pace. If you export your workouts to your watch or computer, this is the version you'll get. Think of it as the digital version.
That's all great, but the Workout Details only work well if your FTP and Threshold Run Pace are up to date and accurate in your Settings. Once you have determined your Thresholds you will need to use our Online Calculators to determine your Training Zones. You will then need to add these Zones to your TrainingPeaks settings. Check the short videos below for how to calculate and add your zones:
Critical Swim Speed: https://youtu.be/S0_0iH0H1us
Bike Functional Threshold Power: https://youtu.be/sbb8DHur0bQ
Bike Threshold Heart Rate: https://youtu.be/ZFB5xyzqccQ
Run Threshold Pace: https://youtu.be/_iqU3zHyTz4
Run Threshold Heart Rate: https://youtu.be/y9Z1eAhgf9w
I need to Swap Days Around is this OK?
You can easily swap a few days around each week within your training plan. This is normal as we all have different schedules and training opportunities. If you have Premium Training Peaks you can drag and drop workouts onto future dates. If you have a free account you can move workouts back in time once the date of that workout has passed.
When you want to change things around we recommend:
- Try to avoid doing the hardest workouts on consecutive days. Typically long runs, or longer workouts with hard efforts.
- Don't do consecutive days of the same discipline if possible (but it's not the end of the world).
- Try and set swims for after runs, this will help your legs recover. That doesn't mean you need to swim straight after a run. It just means your next session after a run should be a swim (if feasible).
- Don't stack-up your missed workouts - just move on.
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © May 2018. All rights reserved.