Recreating your Swim Workouts in Garmin Connect
You’re unable to export your swim workouts from TrainingPeaks to Garmin to follow in real-time on your Garmin device (as you can with your bike and run workouts). We hope that Garmin/TrainingPeaks will make this possible soon.
However, you can recreate your swim workouts in Garmin Connect which allows you to export them to your device and follow on your watch as you train. You’ll also benefit from being able to analyse your metrics post swim more easily too.
Please check that your Garmin device is compatible and allows you to download created workouts.
Create a Workout in the Garmin Connect App
- In the App, navigate to the ‘3 dot’ icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- Select 'Training' > 'Workouts' > 'Create a Workout' > Choose 'Pool Swim'.
- IMPORTANT enter your pool size now (you can’t easily adjust this later).
- Check the description of your swim session in your TrainingPeaks calendar. Add steps and repeats to recreate your workout in Garmin Connect (buttons at the bottom of the screen).
- Edit your stroke type, interval distance, rest durations and add equipment (pull buoy) where included.
- Use notes to add target zones and or swim speeds for each interval.
- Once done click ‘Save’ (top right) and give your workout a name (planned date works well).
- Find your newly created swim session in 'My Workouts' and send to your Garmin device.
- You’ll get a message to confirm it’s ready for use
If you prefer to do this process from your PC, check the article below:
For more, check this article from Garmin.
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © March 2022. All rights reserved.