Recreating your Swim Workouts in Garmin Connect
You’re unable to export your swim workouts from TrainingPeaks to Garmin to follow in real-time on your Garmin device (as you can with your bike and run workouts). We hope that Garmin/TrainingPeaks will make this possible soon.
However, you can recreate your swim workouts in Garmin Connect which allows you to export it to your device and follow on your watch as you train. You’ll also benefit from being able to analyse your metrics post swim more easily too!
Please check that your Garmin device is compatible and allows you to download created workouts.
Create a Workout in the Garmin Connect Desktop Site
- Log into your Garmin Connect account.
- In the menu bar on the left of your screen, navigate to 'Training' > 'Workouts'.
- Select workout type as 'Pool Swim' and click 'Create'.
- Select your pool size.
- Check the description of your swim session in your TrainingPeaks calendar. Add 'steps' and 'repeats' to recreate your workout.
- Edit your stroke type, interval distance, rest durations and add equipment (pull buoy) where included.
- Use notes to add target zones and or swim speeds for each interval.
- Save and give your workout a name by clicking on the pen icon next to the title (your planned workout date works well). Click 'Send to Device'.
- You will be redirected to Garmin Express to sync your device with your Garmin Connect account.
- Depending on how your device connects, you may need to log into Garmin Express separately to connect your device and sync.
If you prefer to do this process from your mobile, check the article below:
And for more information, check this article from Garmin
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © March 2022. All rights reserved.