Unfortunately, Peloton is incompatible with TrainingPeaks, meaning you cannot follow Phil's planned workouts from your MyProCoach plan on your Peloton Bike.
So you would need to follow a Peloton workout that best matches your planned workout. There are pros and cons when doing that.
- Motivational, structured workouts using your existing Peloton bike.
- Each workout in your training plan is designed to fit around the others, with the right balance of Training Stress and recovery. If you do different workouts, the Training Stress Score will be different, so you may be more or less tired than planned.
- The workouts in your training plan will progress over time to encourage your body to keep adapting. Following Peloton sessions may not offer the same progression.
- The workouts in your plan are set at intensities relevant to your target event; finding similar sessions in Peloton may be tricky.
- Any completed Peloton session will not sync back as a completed workout to TrainingPeaks. There is a workaround, but you have to first export your completed workout to Strava or Garmin and then extract the file to upload into TrainingPeaks.
In an ideal world, following the workouts in your training plan is better. You could use a smart trainer and Zwift (or similar) for the shorter workouts. You can export your TrainingPeaks workouts into Zwift, and follow them on screen with prompts. It's really motivational.
However, we know that sometimes, it's more convenient to use what you have already. And training should be fun and motivational, whatever you choose to do.
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © October 2023. All rights reserved.