Coronavirus has caused a lot of uncertainty and concern, in all areas of life. Including training and racing.
Training is one of the best things you can do. It can help you stay motivated as well keep you fit and healthy. Once normality and racing opportunities return you will be more ready to race, than if you let training slip. It is important to keep in mind the bigger, and longer-term picture when it comes to training and racing.
Consistent training will boost your future performances.
Cancelled or Postponed Races
- You might feel that it is time to draw a line under this year’s hard training and maintain your fitness with an Off-Season Fitness Maintenance plan (see more below under flexible training).
- Or you can look for an alternative target, such as a Virtual race, a personal solo effort or an organised socially distanced event and continue to train to race as normal.
Either way, after you have raced and recovered, or completed your off-season training (or both), hopefully, you’ll have a 2021 race date to aim for. Take some time to plan your 2021 season and look forward to a return to racing.
Whether you choose to race competitively against other virtual racers, or simply enter to stay motivated and achieve short-term personal goals. The training and racing activities you take on now will go a long way to support your longer-term goals.
Getting The Most Out of Your Current Training Plan
Realign to New Race Date
If your race date is postponed, you can realign your plan in your calendar so that you are in peak shape for your new race date. Check the video below for how to do that:
Our subscription offer has been popular during 2020, with athletes able to switch plans as race dates and event types change. It allows for flexible training with plans relevant to your immediate situation and goals, at a low cost.
- Pay monthly, and from $4.81 per week save money and get the freedom to change your training plans whenever you need
- 1 month-free + 30-day money-back guarantee
- Learn more here >>
Indoor Triathlon Plans
We have also designed two training plans designed specifically with indoor-training options and tips, so you can maintain your training. These plans are also featured on the TrainingPeaks plan store homepage.
- Olympic Triathlon 6 Week Plan + Indoor Training Options (including Dry-Land Swim Training)
- IRONMAN 70.3 6 Week Plan + Indoor Training options (including Dry-Land Swim Training)
More Free Support and Advice
For the latest news, free resources and information please visit our COVID-19 Support Page.
Whatever course of action you choose, keep moving forward and don't hesitate to get in touch whenever you need to. Stay safe.
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © March 2020. All rights reserved.