Additional Strength Sessions
If you include additional strength training, here are some factors to keep in mind:
- The key focus of your race plan is to get you ready for your event.
- If you add extra strength work, think about your next workout. Workout order matters to enable you to do each session justice:
- Additional leg focused strength sessions should be scheduled before a swim day
- And upper body strength sessions before a run or bike day
- Check you do not start key sessions feeling fatigued or with muscle soreness
- When doing two sessions in one day start with your triathlon discipline followed by the strength session
- Taper strength during the final weeks, enabling you to focus on your race-specific training and be in peak form on race day.
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © May 2018. All rights reserved