Training Zones are a way to add purpose and produce progress within your workouts. We use a system of 5 Training Zones to break up your training into broad intensity groups. The reasons these are broad:
- It's hard to maintain an exact pace, power or heart rate.
- There is no magic heart rate, pace or power output for success.
- Heart rate, pace and power can fluctuate on a daily basis.
At MyProCoach we have Training Plans for multisport and single sport athletes. The table below illustrates training zones for all disciplines.
You can access the above table as a PDF here.
Step 1: Fitness tests.
These are the first important step to determining your thresholds and training zones. Full instructions for how to perform the tests are included within the first week of your Training Plan. You will use these thresholds to calculate your zones and update your settings in TrainingPeaks.
Step 2: Calculate Zones.
It is important here to use our Online Calculators. Input your thresholds from the tests and click 'calculate' to find your 5 specific training zones.
Step 3: Update Settings in Training Peaks.
This is a crucial step to ensure you are training at the correct intensity. Watch these Short Videos for how to add your Training Thresholds and Zones to your Training Peaks settings.
- Remember to click Save and Close anytime you update your settings.
- Choose to be notified of threshold changes and then you can correctly make the updates to your threshold and zones (using our online calculators) as you progress.
For more on Training Zones and Fitness Tests you can check Phil's Blog Here
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © May 2018. All rights reserved.