Training Zone Settings in Garmin Connect
If using Garmin, you will need to add your training zones to your account settings in Garmin Connect (for some devices, you will need to head to the Garmin Connect App to do this). These should match those in your TrainingPeaks account.
- Navigate to Devices ('More' in the App) or Devices and Sync Status (top right on your PC)
- Select your device and then "User Settings".
- Scroll down to Heart Rate Zones and select "% of LT" (for run and bike).
- Enter your Threshold Heart Rate (as recorded in your TrainingPeaks account).
- Enter your lower Zone 1 heart rate value in the first box, followed by your upper heart rate values for each Training Zone in the remaining five boxes.
You will need to perform the above steps for each Garmin device you use. And to make changes to your Power-based training zones on a bike specific device, follow the steps above but scroll past the Heart Rate settings to "Power Zones". Your FTP should match the value recorded in TrainingPeaks.
Each time you complete a Fitness Test in your plan, check and update your device Heart Rate and Power settings to avoid conflicting and confusing post-workout metrics! Make sure that you sync your device back to Garmin Connect each time you update your Training Zones.
You can also refer to the following articles from Garmin:
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © February 2020. All rights reserved.