Click Through 6 Simple Steps to Choosing Your Plan
1. Decide on Your A-race
A-Races are the events that are most important to you. They are the focus of your training; you should aim to peak for your 'A' Race. You can include a few race simulations and practice events within your training.
2. Length of Plan
Count the number of weeks until your "A" target race date. And choose a plan to take you right up to race day.
Phil's plans are Periodized to gradually ramp up your endurance, fitness, speed, and skills. And include a taper period ahead of race day.
Keep in mind that the longer the plan, the easier it starts and the more gradual the progression.
The difficulty level you pick is influenced by the duration of the plan. If you opt for a 12-week plan, it will begin at a higher level than a 36-week plan because there is less time to gradually build up. Therefore, if you choose a shorter plan, it is advisable to be cautious when selecting the difficulty level.
3. Standard or Masters (40+)
In order to reach your full potential, it's important to train in a way that fits your unique needs. By consistently training without any interruptions from injury, fatigue, or lack of time, you'll have a significant advantage when it comes to race day.
Phil's Masters' plans offer a higher ratio of recovery that can help you achieve consistent training for your optimal outcome.
- Whether it's your first time training for a specific event, returning after a break, or simply short on time, we're here to help
- Structured training at entry-level is necessary for you
- Your primary goal is to comfortably finish
- You have consistently trained for your chosen event distance for 1 to 3 years
- You aim to achieve your full potential while also managing your daily life and training
- Depending on your Age-Group and the competition, you may anticipate placing in the middle of the pack or even higher
- You have over three years of experience in racing and are seeking ways to maximize your potential
- You are performance focused and could be looking to qualify for a championship
- You are competitive and often rank highly in your Age-Group
5. Preview your Plan
When you are choosing your training plan, check the description, there are screenshots of an early week and one of the later hardest weeks. Have a careful look at these and ask yourself:
- Can you fit the training into your schedule?
- Do you have the starting fitness required?
You'll improve quickest by having the right training plan for your availability and current fitness.
6. Select Your Plan
If you choose to train with us, there are two ways for you to manage your training.
1. Purchase your Training Plan via the TrainingPeaks store
- The plan is stored in your own TrainingPeaks library for you to use multiple times
- Choose free or premium Strength Training to follow alongside your race plan
- If your plan feels too easy/hard, we will swap the level for free within 14 days of purchase
- Email coach support during your first use of your plan
2. Become a MyProCoach UNLIMITED Athlete
- Get the freedom to change your training plans whenever you need
- Ongoing email coach support
- Learn more here
Subscribe or Purchase?
Check the differences: Subscribe v Buy Comparison Table
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © May 2018. All rights reserved.