Step 1: Manage Your Training
Phil has a range of plans that enable you to select options that best meet your goals, schedule, and ability. There are two ways for you to manage your training.
1. Purchase a Flexible Training Plan with Coach Support
- Personalized, structured training compatible with over 100 apps and devices
- Use your plan multiple times; updates are included for free
Step 2: Choose Your Plan(s)
Firstly, you need to decide which is your 'A' Race - the one where you want to perform at your best. This race will be the focus of your training and preparation, and you should peak for your 'A' Race. (Planning Your Race Season).
Your 'B' Race is 4-10 weeks before 'A' Race:
Count back from your 'A Race' date and choose a plan to fill that gap. You can then Include Your 'B' Race Into Your Training Plan.
Your 'B Race' should be appropriate for your ability and relevant to your 'A' race.
Scenario 2: 'B' Race is 10+ weeks before 'A' Race.
The answer here can vary according to race distance and your experience/ability.
- Beginner Athletes: train for your longest 'A' race even if the gap is 16-20 Weeks.
- Intermediate/Advanced Athletes: with experience and relevant fitness can train at higher levels. Choose shorter plans, specific to your planned races, ensure you recover from your 'B' race and recommence training to your next race with an 8+ week plan.
Training for More than One Race Type?
It can be challenging to train for two races of different disciplines (for example if you have a Marathon and an IRONMAN in one season).
MyProCoach Training Plans are structured for you to be in your best shape for your target race. You can imagine if you try to mix plans, the effect could be diluted for both races.
If you are prepared that your outcomes may be compromised, then use your experience to make some adjustments to your chosen plan(s). Be conscious of injury risk, over-training, fatigue and being unable to nail your key sessions.
To achieve your full potential, we recommend focusing on one race 'type'. If you need more advice, feel free to get in touch.
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © May 2018. All rights reserved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.