Run Using Power
First update your threshold and zones in your TrainingPeaks settings:
- In your TrainingPeaks settings, enter your rFTP or Critical Power as your run power threshold
- Use the MyProCoach auto-calculation to personalise your training zones
To export your run workouts using Power, you will need to have a TrainingPeaks Premium Account and make the following changes from your TrainingPeaks Calendar on your PC (rather than phone).
- Click on the workout, and the blue graph area to open the workout structure in detail
- Change the Units at the top of the page to % Functional Threshold Power
- Update the Zones in the 'Workouts Detail Editor' to be the same as those in the description.
- Click Save and Close - you can now export the workout to follow using Power
- If description states Zone 1-2: Choose one or the other and remember to work at the top or bottom end of the exported range
- For 'Upper' or 'Lower' Zones: Choose the Zone (i.e. Zone 2) and work at the top or bottom of the range as per the description
You can follow the run workouts using pace (or heart rate for longer steady-state runs) as your plan intends. You will then not need to change anything within your workouts.
Enter your run pace, power and heart rate thresholds in your TrainingPeaks settings (step 1&2 above), and you will benefit from a more in-depth post-workout analysis.
Getting Started with Stryd
Running on Zwift
Copyright MyProCoach™ Ltd © March 2021. All rights reserved